Mental Health Services
Lake Country Associates provides a broad array of mental health services to persons of all ages from early childhood to mature adulthood including:
- Diagnostic assessments
- Individual psychotherapy
- Family psychotherapy
- Specialty group therapy
- Adult Rehabilitative Mental Health Services (ARMHS)
Psychosocial assessments summarize current stressors, client history and functioning. A trained therapist makes a diagnosis and determines individualized treatment recommendations.
Services to reduce the impact of mental health conditions on the individual’s daily functioning, improve coping skills and provide resources to support the client in recovery from the mental health condition. When working with children, the counselor may use Play Therapy.
Counseling with family members to improve family functioning and relationships through communication and problem solving skills.
Play is the child’s language, toys are the child’s words! Play therapy is a structured approach that uses curative powers inherent in play in many ways. Play helps children express what is troubling them when they do not have the verbal language to express their thoughts and feelings.
- Utilizing the experience of group processing and discussion to aid the individual in reaching recovery goals.
- Anger Management uses evidence-based methods to help individuals learn to manage anger effectively and gain self-control over thoughts and actions.
- Systems Training for Emotional Predictability and Problem Solving (STEPPS) is a group for persons with emotional regulation problems to learn coping skills.
- Illness Management and Recovery (IMR) is a skills group focusing on consumer choice in treatment planning.
ARMHS is a community-based service that helps adults with mental illness manage their symptoms while living in the community.
Download the ARMHS Brochure or Referral Form.