Lake Country Cottage Drop-in Center
Lake Country Cottage is a drop-in center for adults diagnosed with mental illness. A drop-in center is a safe environment where staff and members help each other in the following areas:
- Organized and informal recreational and social activities
- Finding and keeping housing
- Assistance understanding and accessing transportation in the community
- Using art to manage anxiety and stress
- Learning computer and resume building skills
- Help finding and keeping employment
Watch this video about the Lake Country Cottage:
Monday 12PM – 4PM
Tuesday 9AM – 1PM
Thursday 12PM – 4PM
Friday 9AM – 1PM
**Please check the Cottage activity calendar for drop-in schedule changes and special events.**
What does it cost to be a member?
Membership at the Cottage is free of charge and open to adults diagnosed with mental illness. We require a recent diagnostic assessment and a short intake packet, but staff at the Cottage can help with that process. To download the Lake Country Cottage intake packet, visit our Resources Page.
Calendar of Events
Having activities that you look forward to and spending time with friends is good for your mental health. Lake Country Cottage offers people with mental illness a regular calendar of events to look forward to and an opportunity to build meaningful, supportive relationships.
Some regular events include:
- Regular computer classes (Fridays)
- Arts and crafts (Tuesdays)
- Yard and garden club (Mondays)
- Games and cards (Friday afternoons)
- Football fan Sunday (during football season)
- One-to-one scheduled assistance with resume building
See our resources page for an up to date calendar of coming events and groups at the Cottage and in the Park Rapids community.
Location of the Lake Country Cottage
The Lake Country Cottage is located at 516 West First Street in Park Rapids (immediately West of Casey’s Convenience Store on Hwy 34).