Updates from the Lake Country Cottage
Lake Country Cottage drop-in center has been open for a couple months now. Construction on the building is complete and Members have been working to make their drop-in center comfortable for everyone. Since opening, there have been many improvements and changes around “The Cottage”.
Here’s what’s new:
- As of August 7th, we’ve changed our open hours to provide services four days a week, instead of three. Feedback from Members and Staff at the Cottage was that early morning and late afternoon hours on Friday were very lightly attended. Shortening the days on Friday and adding Thursday afternoon made the drop-in center more accessible to more people. Here are the new hours:
- Mondays 9AM – 1PM
- Tuesdays 12PM – 4PM
- Thursdays 12PM – 4PM
- Fridays 9AM – 1PM
- All Lake Country Associates ARMHS groups are now being held at The Cottage.
- Members of The Cottage have conceptualized, planned, and are carrying out a garage sale on August 17 and 18. Members have decided to use any proceeds to supplement activities for all members. Ideas that have been presented by Members include: additional pottery and art classes, additional outings to Itasca Park, berry picking as a group, etc. Non-clothing donations are appreciated and can be dropped off at the Cottage during drop-in hours until 8/11/17.
- The nutrition classes taught by St. Joseph’s staff is now being held at the Cottage.
- Staff and Members have worked together on several projects to make the Cottage a comfortable and fun environment for everyone. Working together with and for others is good for your mental health.
Cottage Members and Staff have spent countless hours chipping in, building meaningful relationships, joking around with each other, and taking pride in their drop-in center. Some of the projects include:
- sanding and staining the picnic table
- clearing the grape vines that had taken over the beautiful trees
- cleaning out the garage in preparation for the garage sale
- planting tomatoes and other porch plants
- splitting and moving ferns and other perennials around the yard
Lake Country Associates is proud of the improvements Members of the Cottage have made in an effort to help each other. To learn more about the Cottage or to become a member, visit our Cottage Page.